Why we Love Individual Lashes
Individual lashes are great as you can design your own look. Eylure's Lash Pro comes with short, medium and long lashes so you can choose which length to use, and where to use them. For example, you may prefer to use the longer lashes in the far corner, or you may prefer to use them in the middle depending on what suits you best. The great thing about Individual Lashes is that they don't look like you are wearing fake lashes as they blend better with your own lashes than strip lashes do.
For the easiest, long lasting lash application for Individual Lashes, makeup artist Alex Waring shares her top tips
1. Celebrity makeup artist, Alex Waring recommends applying all your eye makeup first before applying the false eyelashes.
2. Apply a dot of Superfix lash glue onto the end of the individual eyelash, leave for about 20 seconds until the glue becomes tacky but not so it dries. You may find it easier to put some of the glue on some tinfoil or on the plastic packaging and then dip the knot end of the lash into the glue. You may also find that using tweezers to hold the lashes makes it easier for placement.
3. Once the glue is on, place the lash on the outer side of your eyelid as close to your eyelash line as possible and then hold down.
4. Keep following the process, working across your eye until you have the desired look. Remember what you do on the first eye and how many lashes you use so you can do the same on the other eye!
5. Once achieved you can then add mascara and more eyeliner to help blend your false lashes in.
Which eyelash glue should you use for Individual Lashes?
If you are looking to wear the Individual Lashes just for the day or for the evening then you can use normal Lashfix glue on the lashes. Lashfix will work well for a day and by using Lashfix it will be easier to remove the lashes as they will come off easily in the shower, or by dabbing them with warm water from a flannel.
If you are looking to wear your Individual Lashes for as long as possible then use a stronger glue, such as Eylure's Superfix Glue. This will hold your lashes in place for 2 to 3 weeks. This is the glue that comes in Eylure's Individual Eyelash sets.
How to remove Individual Lashes if you have used Lashfix
1. The best way to remove the individual false eyelashes if you have used Lashfix is to dab the top of the lashes with either eyelash remover or eye makeup remover to loosen the adhesive and to use warm water. They will also loosen from the steam in the shower so it is a great idea to have a shower first to naturally loosen them.
2. Once the adhesive has weakened you can start to gently pull the individual lashes off. Never tug or pull hard, wait until the eyelashes have loosened from the warm water or from the remover.
3. Remove the remains of the adhesive on your eyelids by dabbing more eyelash remover or eye makeup remover on the area or by using warm water.
How to remove (semi-permanent) individual lashes if you have used Superfix
1. Apply a small amount of lash remover (included in our Eylure individual lashes) or some baby oil to a cotton ball and hold on your lashes for a few minutes to soften the adhesive.
2. Very gently wipe the lashes with the cotton ball and the lashes will begin to slide off.
3. Repeat until all of the lashes have come off, and gently cleanse your skin after.